The SiteManager appliances support a variety of Alert mechanisms. Alerts can be triggered by an Input port, Serial port (AT commands) or Ethernet (URL or UDP/TCP commands).
The resulting Alerts can be sent either directly from the SiteManager via SMS (for models with integrated modem) or Email, or the Alerts can be sent via the GateManager either as SMS (if the GateManager has SMS enabled) or as Email.
Alert trigger methods
Devices installed locally to the SiteManager, can use it to send Alert messages by the following trigger methods:
- TCP/UDP - with an Ethernet connection to the SiteManager an SMS or Email can be send by establishing a TCP session from the PLC to a port (default) 26864 on the Uplink or DEV interface and send a message such as: /+4511223344/ Tank level low
- Digital Input ports - on the SiteManager WEB interface you can configure the GateManager > Alert menu to send a static text to a mobile number or email or list of recipients when the Input1 or Input2 ports goes ON or OFF.
- Serial Port by using AT Commands you can, with a Serial connection from your PLC, trigger the SiteManager to send a SMS or an Email such as: AT+CMGS=+4511223344 CR Tank level low ctrl+z
- HTTP browser - for testing and troubleshooting you can use a web browser to send an SMS or Email message, by typing e.g. the following in the address bar from a PC placed on the Uplink or DEV side of the SiteManager: http://172.16.16.187:26864/SMS/+4511223344/ testing_SMS
- HTTP Request - You can issue a GET or POST HTTP request to the SiteManager to send an SMS